No one should have to put up with discrimination in the workplace. In California, you are protected by both state and federal laws designed to protect employees.
If you think you are a victim of discrimination, discuss your case with us. In Southern California, we have offices in Sherman Oaks, Orange County, Los Angeles and Oxnard.
The following pages provide more information about employment discrimination:
- Pregnancy discrimination: in California, if you qualify for California Family Rights Act coverage, you may be entitled to up to seven months of leave for pregnancy and bonding with a newborn. If your employer retaliates against you for becoming pregnant or taking leave, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Medical condition discrimination: Your employer cannot fire you or take other adverse actions against you because you have a medical condition such as cancer.
- Disability discrimination: With the aging or our population, many more employees than in the past may be considered disabled under the law and entitled to protection.
- Failure to accommodate claims: If you have a disability, your employer is required to work with you to find a reasonable accommodation that would allow you to do your job.
- Age discrimination: Comments by your employer such as “Are you ever going to retire?” and “We need fresh blood” may provide evidence in an age discrimination claim.
- Gay and lesbian harassment: In California, gays and lesbians are protected from harassment from their supervisors and co-workers.
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing: Discrimination claims in California can be filed with our state’s Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) or the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). In many cases, the DFEH offers greater protection.
Contact Our Orange County Work Discrimination Lawyers
To speak with our Los Angeles employment law attorneys, call 877-525-0700 toll free. We handle all cases on a contingency fee basis with no upfront costs. Se habla español.